We supply and fit Dog and Cat flaps in double glazed units and single glazed doors and windows.
Dog and Cat Flaps can be fitted to the following:
- Glass Doors
- Double/Single Glazed Units
- Sliding Patio Doors – Please note only certain styles can be fitted with pet doors
- French Doors
- Double Glazing
- Single Glazing
- Single, Flat Panel uPVC Doors
Pet Door Q and A’s
Can Cat and Dog Flaps be fitted into existing glass?
We do not fit any pet flaps/doors into existing glass in doors or windows as the risk of breakage is too high.
How Does it work?
We supply, cut and toughen glass ready for fitting pet flaps/doors safely. Double glazed doors or windows will require a new glazed unit with a cut hole, sealed and ready to fit the pet flap/door securely, ensuring all the benefits of your double glazing are maintained.
- Choose the pet door that suits your pet. There is a good selection available HERE. Remember to select a pet door suitable for glass. Either single glass or to fit a double glazed unit. We are happy to advise on the best type of door access for your pet be they large or small and can purchase pet doors on your behalf if you wish.
- Now measure the window unit or door glass and the area that you would like the pet flap fitted into. Leave a minimum 70 mm gap between the door or window frame and the edge of the hole that the pet flap will sit in, anything less than this may compromise the safety of the glass. If you are not sure we can come a measure for you as part of our expert fitting service.
- Once measurements have been taken we can then produce a new Double Glazed Unit (or single glass) to fit back into your door or window frame. Taking care to match the glass in your property. A hole will be cut out and sealed so none of the benefits of your double glazing are lost. If it’s single glass we can cut a hole in the glass and then have it toughened. We always recommend toughened glass for safety.
- Our expert glazing team will then come to your property and install your new glass unit and and pet door. Alternatively we can supply the unit or glass only leaving you to fit it.
What Guarantees are given?
Our insulated units are guaranteed against misting or clouding for 5 years, when fitted in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. The guarantee does not cover glass breakages. Please note we do not offer any guarantee for the pet door and advise that you obtain this directly from the manufacturer.
How long will it take to make the unit for a pet flap/door?
The lead times for double glazed units are 7 -10 working days and 5 -7 days for single pane door and window glass.
What happens to the old glass or glass unit from the window or door?
For a nominal environmental waste disposal fee we can dispose of your unwanted glass units. Alternatively we can leave the unit with you should you wish to replace the unit for purposes of moving house etc. or to dispose of at your local recycling depot.
We know that every home is different so please do not hesitate to ask for advice and recommendations for your requirements.
Examples of Pet Doors Fitted into Glass
7-10 Bittern Units, Bittern Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LW
Units 1-3, 306 Broomhill Road, Brislington, Bristol, BS4 5RG
3 Beechwood Way, Langage, Plymouth, PL7 5HH