Due to our toughening plant, we are only able to toughen glass sized between 200mm and 2700mm. Please note only glass can be toughened, and not mirrored surfaces.
Please note that our stock sheets for ceramic stove/woodburner glass are only 1100 x 2000. Please do not order anything larger than these measurements as we will not be able to fulfill your request.
All measurements are in mm as default but can be changed to inches if you wish. Please ensure you check your measurements correctly.
The basic shape for the measurements you input will appear as you calculation is made. Please note some shapes only require the overall height and width to give your calculation. We will ask for further measurements should you wish to proceed to order.
This is the degree of roundness on the corners of the glass. We only require the number of radius corners needed and not the sizes in order to calculate your glass. We will ask for confirmation of radius measurements if you wish to proceed to order.
We will require the number of holes to be drilled when calculating. Band widths are; 4mm – 12mm, 13mm – 70mm. Anything over 70mm is classed as a Circular Cut Out. We will ask for confirmation of your hole measurements if you wish to proceed to order.
Rectangular cut outs allow you to fit your glass around items such as plug sockets. Whether you have a double or single socket, or require a cat flap we will always try to meet your requirements. Due to the nature of the product, any cut out too close to the edge of the glass or too close to another drill hole or cut out may be outside our manufacturing capabilities. We will ask for confirmation of cut out measurements and positions if you wish to proceed to order and will advise if the positioning or size is not appropriate and try and find an alternative for you.
This feature allows you to select how you want to use your glass/mirror design.
- Patterned Glass – available in 4mm, 6mm and 10mm. All toughened (all patterns have picture displays when selected). Patterned Glass is perfect for shower screens, room dividers, shelving, splashbacks and work tops.
- Splashbacks – all splashbacks glass comes in 6mm low iron toughened glass, allowing the splashback to be placed behind areas of heat such as cookers. These splashbacks can be painted to the colour of your choice from the 220 RAL colour codes.
- Mirrors – available in 4mm and 6mm with different colour tints. Mirrors can be used in most domestic situations, but please ensure that the correct fixings are used. For additional safety you should use safety backing for your mirror.
- Shelves/Table and Worktops/Showerscreens – available in 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 9mm, 12mm, 15mm and 19mm thickness. It is suggested that the usage and support of the glass is carefully considered when selecting the glass thickness. If you are unsure please contact your nearest branch.
- Stove/Woodburner Glass – this glass is only available in 4mm, and is the perfect for replacing damaged glass in woodburning or multi-fuel stoves.
There are two types of patterned glass available on our custom calculator. If you require any other style of patterned glass; Pilkington Oriel or Barron Glass range, please do get in touch and we will price upon request.
- Textured Glass – a classic raised patterned glass, available in 18 different styles.
- OpalEtch Glass – a contemporary patterned glass available in 10 different styles.
If you are purchasing a shower screen, we normally recommend 10mm toughened glass, as this has the widest variety of fixings (hinges, handles, joining bars etc).
Please note that we do not stock fixings for shower screens but will order upon request. If you require us to source fixings for shower screens, please contact your nearest branch with a rough specification of what you require (glass thickness and size), and we will talk through your options with you.
If you are replacing an existing shower screen and already have fixings, we suggest that you purchase the same thickness glass that was used before.
To determine the number of fixings needed, please refer to the table below. If you have any questions please do get in touch.
12mm 1/ 2
19mm 3/ 4
All of our products come with arrised edges (a rough finish, which allows light handling) as standard. Polished edges are smooth and shiny to give your product a high-quality finish. It is also the safest way to handle glass.
Some products in our tool will give you the option to add surface processing.
Sandblasting; this process gives a frosted glass effect to glass. The effect is achieved by a blast of air or steam laden with sand togrind, cut, or decorate glass. Sandblasting is applied to one side of the glass, if you have opted for painted glass it will be sandblasted on the opposite side to the painted colour.
Easy Clean Coating; a durable liquid is applied to the surface of the glass which makes it easier to keep clean (when used in the right situation). The original clarity of the glass is not affected. It is perfect for use shower screens, window units and in areas where the glass is exposed to a wet environment from time to time. Easy clean coating can be added to one or both sides of the glass.
We will always try to produce your glass within a reasonable time, some processes take longer than others and please note that the following items will have a longer lead time:
• 4mm Opal Etch – all varieties.
• 10mm Green, 10mm Grey, 10mm Blue, 10mm Bronze, 10mm Opal Etch Waves
• 12mm Low Iron
There can be an additional lead time of 10-15 working days for these items. Please bear this in mind when ordering.